Sableye is a Pokémon with a dark purple body, armed with sharp teeth and claws, which it uses to dig through soil. It has pale blue, gemstone-like eyes, which allow it to see in low light and sparkle in the dark. It also has a red gemstone on its chest, and its back has a blue and green gemstone as well as another red one. These gem-like eyes and adornments on its body are caused by its diet, which consists of rocks and raw gemstones. It also targets Carbink as prey, though they are usually taken by Gabite before Sableye can reach them. It is feared by people, since it is said to steal a person’s soul if they look into its eyes. It is nocturnal and is rarely seen. It lives in caves.
As Mega Sableye, all the energy from its Mega Evolution is concentrated into the red jewel on its chest, causing it to rip out of Sableye’s skin and significantly increase in size; the detached jewel leaves a small hole in Mega Sableye’s chest. The enlarged jewel is said to boast such incredible hardness that no attack can even leave a scratch on it. During battle, Mega Sableye shelters itself behind the jewel, from where it can take advantage of any openings its target leaves exposed. However, being forced to support its massive jewel leaves Sableye unable to turn quickly, making it vulnerable from behind.
Sableye Pearl and Gem Greens
- 100 g Pearl Barley
- 500 ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Gem Lettuce chopped, root removed
- 2 Courgettes sliced
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- Olive Oil
- 100 ml White Wine
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 50 ml Lemon Juice
- Add the stock to a saucepan and bring to boil. Add the stock and add the pearl barley and bay leaf and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm 2 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan and add the courgettes. Season with salt and pepper and fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes until they soften.
- Add the lettuce to the courgettes and turn the heat up slightly. Fry for 2 minutes to wilt them. Add the garlic and wine and cook for 1 minute until the wine reduces by half.
- Drain the barley and add it to the veg with the mustard. Season again and add the lemon juice to taste before serving.